Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter
Sunday, May 5, 2024 11:57:11 PM

10GB WAN Routers - is the DrayTek Vigor 3910 a good one?

4 years ago
#201 Quote
10GB WAN Routers - is the DrayTek Vigor 3910 a good one?

Does anyone know how good the DayTek 3910 is?

I am assuming it is just a 3900 with a faster throughput and a few more ports, is that true?

If I am going to get a 10Gb leased line ethernet, should I not be going for something with full 10GB ethernet WAN rather than 2.5GB x 2 ? Is that what the 3910 has?

What is a good router for a 10GBe connection if that DrayTek is not fast enough?
4 years ago
#202 Quote
It depends what I need I guess, as far as I can see the DrayTek offers loads of features for connectivity and VPN etc. but has no serious security features such as AV or anti-malware scanning. You must just make good with lots of basic firewall rules so as to lock everything down.

You can block EXE files and the like, but this is only by filename and so is easily circumvented. The system also seems to be good for site-to-site connectivity, but doesn't compete with the Watchguard/Sonicwall/Checkpoint systems in terms of monitoring and accompanying software for individual user remote access and security.

I believe that we shall look into a 10GB router and keep our existing security appliance monitoring incoming traffic based on certain rules, and that we shall keep our Microsoft Windows remote access server system and continue to buy Windows Enterprise clients.
3 years ago
#234 Quote
The current firmware for the 3910 is lacking many great VPN to VLAN features compared to the 3900 as of Oct 2020