Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter
Sunday, September 8, 2024 3:36:51 AM

The remote resource can't be reached. Check your connection and try again or ask your network administrator for help

4 years ago
#213 Quote
The remote resource can't be reached. Check your connection and try again or ask your network administrator for help

This connection works fine from my Mac but not my PC

Certificate checks out OK

I Can browse to the https://remote.sircles.net website on the remote desktop gateway server no problem.

Password etc definitely correct (as I say it works from my Mac)

I get the same result on the PC with correct password or wrong one..? So it appears to be connectivity.

Any ideas?
4 years ago
#225 Quote
Things you can try:

Find out what your Remote Desktop Gateway server is, go your Remote Desktop Connection app and find the Show Options button, bottom right:

Now expand the app:

And go to the last tab, marked Advanced:

Now click on the Settings button under the Connect from anywhere section.

You should see a page similar to:

Is the name of the remote server correct? Check it with your IT team. If it is correct then you can try the following:

Copy the name of the Remote Desktop Gateway server and open a command prompt by pressing the Windows Button + R on your keyboard and typing CMD and pressing enter.

Type: ping and then a space, and then right click in the window to paste the server name in, and press enter.

Does the ping get returned, do you receive anything? If not you may have connection problems or be using a connection that does not support the necessary protocols to access the server. It should say it receives a reply.

You can also try typing tracert followed by the server name again, by right clicking in the CMD window once more.

You should see a series of attempts to trace a route to the server. If the trace goes nowhere, then you are having connection problems. If it finds the server, you may be using a connection that blocks the Remote Desktop protocols in some way.

If the CMD prompt cannot resolve the IP address then you are either experiencing a DNS problem (in which case try rebooting your router) or you are not properly connected to the internet.

Try reconnecting to your WiFi or using a LAN cable perhaps.

3 years ago
#249 Quote
Thanks for that, I had been looking around the settings for where to find this.
3 years ago
#252 Quote
It is also worth noting that the tick box at the bottom saying use my credentials for the remote computer should only be ticked when the gateway server and the remote computer are in the same domain or domains linked by a trust.
3 years ago
#270 Quote
The most common issue for this error is that you have mis-typed the computer name in the first screen so it is best to start with that rather than checking all of the settings under remote desktop gateway. If you have no internet connection then you will receive an error regarding the remote desktop gateway computer rather than a message like this.
2 years ago
#300 Quote
I am getting this same error but it is not that the server is unavailable completely as it fails instantly.

I think that the service has some other problem. I get the error:

The remote resource can't be reached. Check your connection and try again or ask your network administrator for help.

Error code: 0x300000d
Extended Error code: 0x0

What could this be?

I can see no obvious corresponding error in the Remote Desktop Gateway server event log.
2 years ago
#301 Quote
We just installed the latest updates and rebooted and all appears to be back to normal. We had just updated the certificate so perhaps it just had an old session it needed to drop for that user on the old certificate.