Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter
Friday, April 26, 2024 7:36:18 PM

What are the best ways to advertise a domain - What sort of SEO tools can I use and what sort of copy should I write

5 years ago
#31 Quote
What special considerations are there when composing SEO copy for advertising domain names?
5 years ago
#32 Quote
Relevance is important, as it always is when it comes to marketing. If you can find a website where people go to start a relevant business and do will be looking for a domain name in the short term than you may have a good shot at selling on a domain.

You may also be able to sell to domain brokers or dealers if you are not so fussed about the price but will obviously b receiving about 30% of the actual value as they need to make their profit.
5 years ago
#33 Quote
Think BIG think bright but above all just think!

The most successful companies on the web will always be the ones bucking trends as no one else will be noticed in this instantly saturated market (i.e. the web) as there are so many people everywhere.

Write your domain name across your forehead and video yourself doing somethign stupid

Or paint it across the White House while everyone's asleep (there could be comeback from that though...)
5 years ago
#34 Quote
Well Flippa are now promoting a deal whereby if you have a 5000 domain or close portfolio they will manage it for you which might not be a bad consideration but otherwise all of the normal brand name based advertising sites apply as well as contacting likely buyers direct. Direct contact will always get a better price but is obviously a lot more work.
5 years ago
#35 Quote
We are looking to Flippa some domains in the next few weeks by building up some fervour using some simple domains going cheaply to get us an audience. Once we are in front of an audience we will let loose some of the better domains with a low starting price to get as much bidding as possible and see what happens.
5 years ago
#36 Quote
Definitely put it on eBay on an ongoing basis with links back to the domain so that you can gain some notoriety. It may well be worth getting a premium listing if you really need to sell in a small time frame.
5 years ago
#37 Quote
Where do I find domain name buyers?

I want to sell a domain name so it is important to find the best market to sell it. I have been told that the best way to sell a domain name is to approach buyers secretly but what does this mean? If I knew someone who deals with domain names, it is recommended to contact him without going through the middleman - does that mean I should not approach a broker? Does this mean that I will make more profit, as I will not have to pay the middleman?
5 years ago
#38 Quote
eBay doesn't tend to give any results for intangible items unless they are truly unusual. Domains - if they are not single word or being enquired about on a regular basis - tend to stay at 0 bids even if set at $0.99 !!

Make sure your domain points to a US server too, as the search engines generally discount anything outside of the states.
5 years ago
#39 Quote
They don't allow links to anything anymore or phone numbers or even addresses - they have cornered the market for sales along with Amazon and you pay 20$ American tax for blowing your nose nowadays.