Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter
Saturday, May 18, 2024 6:40:55 PM

DrayTek Vigor 3900 DoS Affects remote HTTPS Login

4 years ago
#139 Quote
Hello,

I am interested in keeping a network safe from DoS denial of service attacks but when I start enabling the DoS features I run into issues with remote access. The javascript parts of the interface suddenly fail to load and it starts to look like I am using IE8 to view the page. None of the options on the left are visible and the features do not work.

Is this one particular feature in DoS that I should not be enabling that will allow me to use all the others and still access remotely?

I have not ticked unknown protocol' as we are using a random port for remote HTTPS access, but I am still seeing the problem...

Help please :)
4 years ago
#146 Quote
If the router is not displaying some types of code but is displaying others then it is unlikely that  the 'unknown protocol' option is the issue.

We would recommend connecting to the router from an internal source and not having the interface available remotely at all as it will encourage unwanted requests from the outside. It is also a huge security risk regardless of how good the password is or what port numbers you choose for SSL/TLS etc.

if you keep a dial-up VPN live on the router itself, such as IPSec/L2TP then you will always have a back door.

If you use these services internally then you may feel that the remote access to the router interface is worth the risk but I would still lock down which addresses can access it.