Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter
Friday, March 29, 2024 12:25:44 AM

Windows 10 antivirus on laptops??

4 years ago
#144 Quote
Hello,

I have a sircles.net refurbished laptop and it has had the original McAfee antivirus removed and is instead supplied with Windows 10 Defender. Is this the best option for me as a normal home user, or should I be looking to buy a subscription for McAfee as was with the original laptop package?

It is a Dell SonicMaster laptop which I find excellent, great screen, nice and thin and light, and good performance with a big spacy keyboard and numeric keypad just like my desktop.
4 years ago
#145 Quote
If you are not using sensitive data (in which case we would definitely recommend bitlocker encryption) then the built-in version of Windows Defender that arrives within Windows 10 should suffice.

Windows 10 Defender now offers file scanning, account/identity protection, firewall & network guard features, app and browser protection and physical device security:

These features give adequate protection for the average internet user which is really all you should need, and it is subscription free (as it always should have been anyway..)
4 years ago
#151 Quote
OK thanks,

I will just stick with the Windows 10 security :)