Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter
Wednesday, April 24, 2024 6:58:55 AM

DrayTek Vigor 2960 LAN > General > VLAN displays as disconnected

4 years ago
#152 Quote
One of the VLANS on our DrayTek 2960 - the public WiFi VLAN to be exact- keeps registering as disconnected.

The VLAN is an unencrypted WiFi channel for guests of the company and is used by others close by but it is suddenly registering as 'disconnected' constantly.

If I change a detail then then it is connected for a few seconds, but upon a refresh it is disconnected once more.

It still appears to function and shows a data transfer rate in the diagnostics > data rate page, but shows a status of disconnected.

What can we do?
4 years ago
#153 Quote
This is all about the protocol and IP address you have chosen for your connection detection mode:

ARP is the only option on this router I am looking at - a 3900 - and the Address Resolution Protocol uses layer 2 to concert MAC addresses into IP addresses and so needs to be set correctly:

You will need to choose details that match those of your ISP's gateway to get a result. The default (I think you can change it via telnet client on older routers but on the 3900 you can choose here) is to poll every 5 seconds.

In the case of a VLAN it is entirely unnecessary as this feature is designed to tell the router to failover to a backup connection for internet or VPN connectivity, so I would leave it disabled in this case.